Bridgeport Art Center Curator of Exhibits
A very exciting and unique opportunity for an experienced person to curate the exhibitions at Bridgeport Art Center in Chicago. You will be responsible for viewing, scheduling and the installation of the art exhibits in the galleries at Bridgeport Art Center.
- Master’s degree in graphic art, design, visual communication, art, or related fields or
- Eight (8) years of work experience, one (1) year as a Museum Exhibits Designer, Curator or working in a professional Gallery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Knowledge of current techniques and methods used in exhibit design
- Knowledge of local and national artists and their work
- Knowledge of digital marketing techniques for gallery promotion
- Knowledge of techniques used to hang, move and handle objects
- Knowledge of estimating, budgeting, and purchasing practices
- Skilled in making aesthetic judgments
- Ability to supervise and plan work experiences for student interns
- Ability to communicate orally and writing
- Ability to develop exhibits and conceptualize designs
- Ability to review and evaluate proposed exhibits
- Ability to work with others and under deadlines
- Ability to attend Gallery events as needed
The Curator of Exhibits at BAC is a professional who is experienced and skilled in multi-tasking in a variety of overlapping areas – education, the visual arts, administration, communications – in order to effectively use the visual arts to develop and implement long range planning for art exhibitions here at BAC.
Salary: $800 per month plus artist studio
Part time position: Hours vary depending on gallery openings and schedules
To apply: Resume and cover letter emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: October 15, 2021
Studio Assistant Wanted for Carol Brookes Art Studio: I have just moved back to Bridgeport and I am looking for a part-time assistant, preferably someone who works in the building. I am a mixed media wall sculptor, painter and jewelry artist. The position includes helping to get the new studio unpacked and organized, preparing materials and supplies, helping with art construction, maintaining the studio space, packing artwork for exhibitions, installing and de-installing artworks in the studio and at other venues, preparing for Third Friday’s, picking up supplies and other duties associated with an art studio.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with all types of power tools
- Experience with sculpture and painting
- Must be able to easily lift 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail and organization
- Experience installing and de-installing artwork
- Must have a vehicle – a truck is preferable but not required
- Cheerful and upbeat personality
The hours will be flexible and will range from 5 to 15 hours a week or possibly more some weeks, but will most likely be 3 to 5 hours, 3 days a week.
Please email Carol at email@example.com. Use the Subject Line “Studio Assistant.” Include a statement of your qualifications and abilities to do this job in the body of the email. Include phone number and best time to reach you.